S1 English Homework. Exercise 7.
Copy the following note into your jotter.
A pronoun is a word used to refer to a person or thing without giving a name. This is used instead of a noun. E.g. it, she, them, us, myself.
Choose a pronoun from the list below and complete the following sentences. Only use each pronoun once!
our we yourself she myself I you ourselves
her some any him us it himself
1. Do ____ want to go to the pictures?
2. Our aunt gave ______ some sweets.
3. That is John's book. It belongs to ____.
4. I made ten pounds. Did you make ___?
5. Look after ________ when you are away.
This is Gillian's picture that _____ painted.
7. ____ am going to the disco on Saturday.
8. Alan brushed his teeth and dressed _______.
9. I'm having soup. Do you want _____?
10. I can't find the book. I'm sure I left _____ here.
11. Angela has lost _____ jacket.
12. _____ went to Mexico on holiday last year.
13. I was three when I learned to dress _______.
14. We bought ________ some sweets.
15. We invited everyone back to _____ house.