S1 English Homework. Exercise 5.
The Future Tense
Copy the following note into your jotter.
The future tense is the one we use to say what is going to happen in the future and has not happened yet.
To do this we usually use ‘will' or ‘shall'.
E.g. I learn à I will learn.
Or if we want to show it will happen over a period of time –
I am staying à I will be staying.
Rewrite the following sentences in the future tense. Remember there are two ways of doing this!
E.g. I am learning German ? I will be learning German.
1. I am learning French.
2. I watch ‘Neighbours'.
3. They ate dinner at three o'clock.
4. We arrived on Monday.
5. Sharon is studying tonight.
6. Tracey read that book.
7. They swam for one hour.
8. You drank a whole pint of water.
9. My parents are decorating the kitchen.
10. Margaret bought the Madonna CD.