S1 English Homework. Exercise 12.
Copy the following note into your jotter
This is the word used for showing what one person or thing has to do with another person or thing - usually where they are in relation to one another. E.g. over, under, between, on.
Choose a preposition from the list and complete the following sentences in your jotter. Only use each preposition once.
on before over into past under
up in down behind near
through opposite between among
on before over into past under up in down behind near through opposite between among
1. My best friend lives in the house _____ mine.
2. Put the lid ____ the potato pot please.
3. Your jacket is in the cupboard _____ the stairs.
4. Her house is the first one_____ the sweet shop.
5. The boy climbed ____ the fence to escape.
6. I'll drop you off ____ your house.
7. We will need to get ___ at 8 o'clock tomorrow.
8. Put your toys back ____ the toy box!
9. Brush your teeth ____ you go to bed.
10. The girl ran ____ the hill.
11. The room you are looking for is ___ those doors.
12. That's the boy who sat ___ me on the bus.
13. I'd like to live ___ Germany when I'm older.
14. He was stuck ____ the car and the wall.
15. I found the ball _____ the flowers.