S1 English Homework. Exercise11.
Copy the following note into your jotter.
Conjunctions are words used to join words and clauses. E.g. and, if, however, but. You should use them in your own writing to lengthen your sentences and add variety.
Use one of the conjunctions in the list below to join two of the sentences. Write the completed sentence in your jotter. Only use each conjunction once.
and or then before but
if for until although because
1. Susan got up at ten. A. You water the flowers.
2. John drinks coffee. B. She went to bed.
3. I will clean the car. C. I can sing.
4. I won't go to bed. D. She was on holiday.
5. Stacey brushed her teeth. E. You go to visit Lisa.
6. Lewis was allowed to stay late. F. He doesn't drink tea.
7. I can play the guitar. G. This programme is over.
8. We can go ice-skating. H. He is only six.
9. You must finish your homework. I. The present he gave me.
10. I thanked him very much. J. We can go swimming.